I am a photographer living in Brighton UK. Please feel free to leave comments

Saturday, March 26, 2016

the small things
















































My father used to phone me twice a year, to remind me that the clocks went either forward or back one hour. He talked about time in relation to its content, and what we do with it. I remember when I started to draw, his words of encouragement were that I should look at something more closely and see what it is and to spend more time looking than drawing. When I said to him that I wanted to take photographs, he smiled and said that pencils and paper were cheap, so I had better get a job and save up for a camera. He believed that if you wanted something, the time it took and the work you did to achieve it, were of greater value.

No comments: