I am a photographer living in Brighton UK. Please feel free to leave comments

Thursday, December 22, 2016

for my parents and their gift of happiness

                                                                            yorkshire                       1972

























I remember the day, I had just come back from staying with my grandparents. I hated that shirt, but looking at my Dad I can see that those shirts must have been in fashion at the time. I don't remember the chairs but I do remember the carpet and those pink slippers. Looking at this photograph I can see that my parents were very happy. I don't remember who took this photograph.

                                                   yorkshire                      2011

























I remember the day, we went to the seaside town where my parents first went when they were dating and where we would holiday each year when I was growing up. I hadn't been there for twenty years and it had been modernised, but the sea still looked the same, cold, grey and flat. I see my father continued to have an eye for fashion and that my parents were still very happy. I remember taking this photograph as they strolled down the promenade.



No comments: