I am a photographer living in Brighton UK. Please feel free to leave comments

Monday, March 21, 2016

random or with meaning?

                                                                   Bratislava          summer          2014




















I very rarely photograph someone without asking permission but early one morning a few years ago I photographed this lady and her dog by the small lake behind the hospital in Ruzinov, I don't exactly know why I took the picture, I guess there was a quietness to them, they looked so peaceful and lost in thought it was as if the years together had brought them a connection and understanding. Recently I moved to the neighbourhood near this lake and a few days ago I was cycling past and actually saw the same woman and dog, I wanted to stop but then I thought, what will I say; that three years ago I took a photograph of you without your permission? No. Instead I made a print of this picture with the idea that as I now cycle by there nearly everyday, I might see them again and offer her the print in the hope that she might like the memento. Again I don't exactly know why but seeing them made me feel happy and I don't know if its random or with meaning, I do know that I also have that same question about many of the photographs I take.

No comments: