I am a photographer living in Brighton UK. Please feel free to leave comments

Monday, November 24, 2014

seeing something new

                                                                                                 Bratislava zoo 2014

I have been living in Bratislava for 10 years and like to think I know the city reasonably well. That said I had never been to the zoo until this summer. I went with a friend and his 3 year old son. Nat loves animals and has a large collection of plastic animals at home. But he never goes anywhere without the large dinosaur his dad brought him back from a visit to Canada. Well as we arrived at the entrance to the zoo Nat saw the life size dinosaur and was transfixed, apparently that's the favorite part of his zoo visit and he prefers to spend at least 30minutes walking around it and touching it. As I watched him I thought about how children can get so much pleasure and surprise from something that they have encountered countless times, yet even though they know something is there, they still find in it something new and original. They have an innate ability to see something new in a situation they know well, A great lesson for all of us.

No comments: